Gerry Hayes is a garret-dwelling writer subsisting on tea, beer and Flame-Grilled Steak flavour McCoy’s crisps.
Recently, my work has (or will) appear on (or in):
- The Whale In The Room – 10 x 10min play – Resonance FM (co-writer)
- The Man-Eating Beast Of Wimbledon Common – Dominic Stinton directed short film (contributor)
- Recorded For Training Purposes – BBC Radio 4
My prose-type stuff has been here:
- The Problem With LEDs – Metazen Christmas Book and webzine
- Original Sin – Metazen webzine
Also recently, I have managed to blag my way into the following:
- Red Planet Prize 2008 – Finalist
- Movie Mogul Fund 2008 – Finalist
- British Short Screenplay Competition 2009 – Quarter Finalist
- British Short Screenplay Competition 2008 – Quarter Finalist
- Rouge Wave Short Scene Competition – Winner
Somehow, too, I succeeded in duping the BBC into inviting me to their BBC Comedy Writing Workshop in March of ’09.
As well as the odd post here at Stare Into Space, I also write regularly for:
- Guitarless – Guitar News, Reviews and How-Tos
And wrote a bundle of articles for this place:
- Flickering Myth – Movie Blog and home of (among other things) my movie-rant archive.
Oh, and I don’t technically live in a garret, although I do write in a converted attic. The tea, beer and crisps thing is true though.